“There are three gauges nations can tune to compete.
- Investing in good education produces smart people.
- Investing in research and development produces smart ideas.
- And, creating the right environment in which smart people can develop smart ideas.
These steps would stimulate economic growth, jobs and new opportunities including future collaborations among private industry, government and academia.” (Intel Corporation’s Chairman Craig Barrett at the Opening of CEBIT the world’s largest technology trade show – March 3, 2009)
Whether we are speaking of nations, states, communities, or companies, these three points hold true. Smart People developing Smart Ideas, in an environment that supports them, make all the difference.
You don’t have to be as big as Intel to put some force behind turning these three gauges. There are so many people in Arizona doing great things. Check back on these posts for examples:
- Want Growth – Diversify
- The Five C’s of Growth
- The Economy – Your Economy
- Getting by with a little help
Technorati Tags: joan koerber-Walker,corepurpose,intel,craig barrett,education,smart ideas,CEBIT,innovation,economy,competition